Services provided at Leratong hospice to the community
Leratong hospice is an 18 bedded in patient offering holistic pall active care top all its patients and necessary support to their families, in the community of Atteridgeville, Saulsville, the surrounding informal settlements, Lotus gardens, Pretoria west, Laudium, and neighbouring communities.
The following services are available:
- Holistic pall active care to the terminally ill patients and families faced with life threatening illness such as:
- HIV AIDS
- Management of uncontrolled physical and emotional symptoms such as:
- Confusion etc
- 2 weeks respite care for the chronically ill patients, to give the family a break from their day to day caring of their loved one, whilst seeking for alternative long term placement.
- Pastoral services
- Beauty Therapy
- Nutritional support to patients to supplement the medication and treatment.
- Referrals to relevant health institutions.
Please follow the referral procedure as stipulated
Referral form to be completed by attending doctor or clinic sister.
The admission criteria are as follows:
- Terminal care
- Respite care (Two weeks)
- Management of uncontrolled symptoms
- Care for ARV initiation
Details of how to refer are as follows:
- Fill referral form completely.
- Supply the necessary medication.
- Supply plan for future management.
- Obtain patient/family member written consent.
- Contact Leratong Hospice at:
- Telephone: (012) 3713003, Cell: 0832541228 / 0780161636
- Fax: (086) 2637169, Email: email@example.com
A member of Leratong Staff will assess the patient prior to admission.
Documents needed for admission:
- Completed medical report.
- Identification Book, of both patient and family member.
- Patient Medication.
Download Referral form